Your location: The Papier Mache ResourceForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

A NEW GUY

#1 2008-12-11 14:48:40

ricky patassini

A NEW GUY

Hi  everybody...... as a new Poster and artist I feel humble and excited about being in the company of so many truely tallented artists. PM/UK is really an insperation to me, bravo to its operators for giving  the opportunity for all to put there work out  for all to see
I like so many others was introduced to PM in primary school(St Benadicts,Wombourne,UK) and didn't like it much at all .
After relocating to Canada and taking up residence in Vancouver, I went on to live a ordanary life. It's high point is my wife and two beautiful children.
Then four years ago after buying a new house, I quickly discoverd that our tiny single car garage made a fantastic workshop in need of a hobby. Then as halloween approched I decided to make a PM frankinstine.
Well it finished out like somthing from primary school ,quite disapointing and pathetic.
Then I decided to give it a second go, only after discovering PM/UK. The end result  was wolfie, wich inspired me to embark on the six piece "Bump in the night" series which is almost finished.
My only commercial sucsess has been the commission from the Oppenhiemer group to create a parade mask for the commemoration of David Oppenhiemer day in Vancouver at Stanley Park.
I must admit I have become almost fanatical about PM ,and excited about my next series....regards Ricky.  PS check out my gallery I would  appreciate comments ..good or bad.

#2 2008-12-11 19:18:41

CatPerson

Re: A NEW GUY

Welcome, Ricky!

It appears from your gallery that you have really been bitten by the PM monster!  You've got some nice work there.  Are Gary's teeth just painted on, or inset?  If inset, what did you use?

It looks like you will be able to contribute a lot of new ideas and info.

Sue

#3 2008-12-11 20:11:27

ricky patassini

Re: A NEW GUY

Thank you Sue for your intrest and comments.
The answer to your question is;  They are made from LDPE sandwich plastic cut into the shape you see, to me its fantastic, easyly cut /scored and snaped apart, heat it up and it can be moulded /shaped that stays when cool, firm hot glue bonding, and  its lightwieght. I used it extensivly in the body structor for Evil servant, it's 1/8th inch thick ,comes in large sheets , got from GE Polymers in Coquitlam B.C.  regards Ricky

Board footer