Your location: The Papier Mache ResourceForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

Tutorials, Articles And Projects

#1 2016-05-01 22:48:26

Jackie
Website

Tutorials, Articles And Projects

We have just added a new tutorial "The Magic Faraway Tree"

http://www.papiermache.co.uk/tutorials/ … ay-tree/1/

It is a truly delightful project by Dee Dale. As soon as I saw it I fell in love with it. With the project combining my two passions...papier mache and dollhouses/miniatures, it ticked all the boxes with me!

Written as a blog, rather than a tutorial, we debated on putting it in the Tutorials section, or the Articles section, or starting up a "Projects" section.

So, I would like some feedback from all of you that visit this site. Would you like to see more of this type of thing? Maybe some of you have taken photos all the way along a project and would like to add it to this site? Would you be interested to read more of other's experiences like this?

Please email me jackie@papiermache.co.uk with your comments.

What I love about Dee's project, apart from the subject of course, is that she has shown how most of us fare while trying to create something. Ideas come to you as you work. You change your mind, make mistakes, rethink, scrap, start again, ask for input from others.

Papier mache is primarily about using "found" materials. In this project Dee uses ordinary household objects in abundance. Her imagination is inspirational. You will get so many ideas that you can use, or adapt yourself for your own projects.

Whether or not you are familiar with the Enid Blyton story of "The Magic Faraway Tree" and its characters, you will feel by the end of this tutorial, that you almost know them personally!

Jackie

#2 2016-05-02 01:05:17

CatPerson

Re: Tutorials, Articles And Projects

I am absolutely SPEECHLESS!  It is simply brilliant!  What an incredible labor of love!  AND beautifully done!  And all of those tiny details!

Am I using too many exclamation marks?  NO!

I wonder how long this took?  All of 2015?

And Jackie, I see no problem with posting people's work in blog form.

Sue

#3 2016-05-02 01:14:08

CatPerson

For those who aren't familiar with the artist's use of Mod Roc, in the U.S. it's referred to (generally) as 'plaster bandage gauze'; it was originally invented for making plaster casts for broken arms and legs. 

But once you let an artist get hold of something, you just never know where they will go with it.

Sue

#4 2016-05-02 07:47:05

dopapier

I think the idea of a 'Projects' section is a good one.  Some of what are currently in the 'Articles' would transfer nicely.
DavidO

I'm a PM addict

Board footer