Your location: The Papier Mache ResourceForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

How to make a hot air balloon

#1 2002-05-01 02:07:51

How to make a hot air balloon

I want to make a hot air balloon from a basket I have and a balloon. How do I go about paper macheing the basket and balloon, to make it look like a hot air balloon?

#2 2002-05-03 12:58:53

Re: How to make a hot air balloon

Stephanie, The paper mache hot air baloon I made is in the visitors gallery on this site. I am working on a larger one now. I used fishing line and attached it after I had appled at least six layers of strips Start by threading some fishing line through the top of the papered balloon. Get a small round piece of wood and put a hole in it. Tie the fishing line to that hole making it secure. Apply glueto the part of the wooden disc and then hang your ballon from the ceiling til dry. When it's dry you can attach the basket. Do this by tying two equal lenghts of fishing line to the top of the line that is holding up the balloon. Divide them into forths and tape them about half way down the balloon using masking tape. Cover with more stips. In total I used about 10 layers on my balloon. With the dangling fishing line tie it on the basket again spacng it so it is in forths. Hope you can understand all this. It's always easier for me to show someone rather than tell them. I saw a childrens book once with a PM hot airB. Maybe you could check the library and see if they have one if you need more instrustion. Good luck, Bonnie

Board footer