Your location: The Papier Mache ResourceForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

Paper pulp pictures

#1 2002-07-08 18:31:39

Paper pulp pictures

Since moving from layered papier mache to using paper pulp, I have been playing with making pictures from coloured pulp. There seems to be a lot more interest in paper art in America and elsewhere than there does in the UK.  Does anyone make paper pulp pictures?  Does anyone know any useful websites?  Any hints and tips?

Sue

#2 2002-07-09 17:41:05

Re: Paper pulp pictures

Hi Sue.

There's an American artist named Meg Black whose work is extraordinary.  Her pulp art look like oil painting at a glance.  That is because it is actually a pulp and paper painting.  Incredible from start to finish.  She describes her technique of actually making her pulp from raw cotton and fibers to which she adds pigment.   It takes painting with paper to a new level.   She uses a turkey baster to apply it.  You will have to see it to believe it if you haven't already done so.   Check it out at (www.megblack.com).

This technique would probably work with recycled paper as well.  She is very advanced and her work makes my painting with paper look like child's play.   People with that kind of talent are a great inspiration.   I have not contacted her yet but I have ejoyed visiting her site.  I had to do a double take to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me.

Rozani

Board footer